Over the years I have become allergic to most stone and pip fruits with the exception of citrus fruits and bananas. At worst I get runny nose, watery eyes, swollen lips and tongue, narrowing of my throat so its difficult to swallow. At its best I get a rash like hives or heat rash. So far my doctor has been of little help simply suggesting I take antihistamines and avoid food that contain the things I react to. I have had allergy tests done which confirmed that I am allergic to anything similar to Silver birch tree which the stone fruits apparently are and also some spices and herbs so eating a savoury pie can cause a reaction depending on what is in it. Is there anything you can suggest to help me reduce the range of foods I react to or any ideas that might help at all.
The silver birch tree pollen is the culprit here and it is becoming more common that people ( more adults than children) are sensitive and are developing a type of allergy like you describe. Most times it is an oral allergy with tingling and swelling. There is evidence that this oral allergy can be from a Vitamin C deficiency. Taking Vitamin C and increasing foods high in Vitamin C ( berries, cabbage,citrus foods)will help. Reducing inflammation and dampening down the inflammation in your body by increasing foods high in Omega 3 and 6 ( krill oil, chia seeds, salmon etc) and lots of greens and alkalising algae, spirulina, chlorella, gingko biloba, nettles and barley grass will assist with this. Ginger ( Zingiber officinale) does have benefits to reduce inflammation and help with some allergies as well.
Desensitisation to silver birch pollen would be of benefit and depending on where you live, there may be a clinic nearby that can do that for you. It would worth a try. BodyTalk is a great therapy that may also assist with resetting the body to dampen down the inflammatory response. All the best, Donna