The Buteyko Institute of Breathing & Health (BIBH), was established in Australia in 1996. BIBH is an international not-for-profit organisation representing the Buteyko Institute Method (BIM) of breathing training and accredited Buteyko Institute practitioners/breathing trainers in several countries.
The BIBH is committed to:
• research, development, promotion and application of the Buteyko Institute Method
• setting standards for the training of new BIM practitioners
• professional development of accredited members
• liaising with government, health and educational bodies
• providing information to members of the public
The BIBH maintains standards of education and the training of Buteyko Institute practitioners/breathing trainers and accepts responsibility for setting standards of ethical and professionally appropriate conduct. There are currently BIBH practitioners teaching the BIM in several countries. Each practitioner has satisfied the practical and academic requirements for accreditation with the BIBH. Accredited practitioners have a BIBH registration number and are entitled to use the initials MBIBH signifying "Member of the Buteyko Institute of Breathing & Health".
The Buteyko Institute of Breathing and Health (BIBH) operates a Quality Management System which complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.