Infant Colic | Ask an Expert

Return to Questions Page >>
Submitted on: 14-04-2017; Answers: 4; Tagged under: Infant Colic       ✘ Report abuse
Q Hi there. My baby (5 month) cries almost every feed. Sometimes wakes up with cry as well. She is quite windy baby and has troubles to pass it out. She struggles to fart especially during the night and wakes up crying. Can this colic be a result of some kind of food intolerance and can any tests be done for that. Our GP unfortunately is not very helpful with this issue.

A Hi there.
Colic is common, and it is seldom that food is the problem (assuming your baby is breastfed?)
Wind and gas are indications that there is a disruption to the bacterial balance in the gut. Are you able to visit a naturopath in your area? If so I can recommend someone who is familiar with this condition.
Kind regards
Answered by: House of Health Ltd; Answered on: 24-04-2017;      ✘ Report abuse
A Hi there - there could be a number of reasons why your baby has colic. A homeopathic consult would identify the homeopathic medicine that could be helpful. Rather than jump to conclusions about the cause, it is important to observe the baby and mother together and get a full history. The answer becomes obvious. Find a local homeopath on a homeopath/
Answered by: Concordia Health; Answered on: 18-04-2017;      ✘ Report abuse
A Yes, this definitely could be a food intolerance – and yes, there is a test for this. I have been doing these tests since 2000, with great success. They are not recognised by most doctors, but I have a few doctors who use them as well as other naturopaths. I require a small sample of your baby's hair. If you would like to know more, I am in Auckland and can be reached on (09) 534 6235, or you could send me an email if you prefer.
Kind regards,
Pam Sims
Answered by: Pam Sims Naturopath & Medical Herbalist; Answered on: 15-04-2017;      ✘ Report abuse
A I have a niece from Queenstown who does a lot of craniosacral work for this sort of problem with great results. Maybe you could find a practitioner close to you who could do that for you.
Answered by: Rejuvenate; Answered on: 14-04-2017;      ✘ Report abuse
Return to Questions Page >>